Thursday 10 May 2012

IN THE ROYAL BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, Ann and I were privileged to have our lunch in the Royal Box at Sandown Park Race Course. But before anyone gets the wrong idea, we had gone to the Christian Resources Exhibition at Sandown Park and the Bible Society had acquired the use of the Royal Box as a place of peace and quiet where free refreshments were available as well as a selection of the daily papers. I haven’t been to the CRE since I retired but as we were given some free tickets we thought we would go. I don’t think there were so many exhibitors as previously and it was noticeable that some quite famous church suppliers were not there. All in all we enjoyed the day and I was able to purchase one or two items I needed.

ILFORD HOSPITAL CHAPEL

Today I celebrated Mass at Ilford Hospital Chapel and I was pleased to see some new faces amongst the usual congregation. Afterwards I went to the Conservative Club who are our next door neighbours to meet the Manager who had suggested we meet. As there are no facilities at The Chapel, people who use the Chapel for occasional services and concerts and need a convenient venue for refreshments other than tea or coffee which we can offer, are able to go next door for more substantial refreshments.

SATURDAY IS AN OPEN DAY AT THE CHAPEL AND IN THE EVENING THERE IS A CONCERT

No comments:

Post a Comment