Thursday 6 October 2011

PRIME MINISTER SUPPORTS GAY MARRIAGE

huwelijk 021
In his speech to the Tory Party faithful David Cameron said : “We're consulting on legalising gay marriage. To anyone who has reservations, I say: Yes, it's about equality, but it's also about something else: commitment. Conservatives believe in the ties that bind us; that society is stronger when we make vows to each other and support each other. So I don't support gay marriage despite being a Conservative. I support gay marriage because I'm a Conservative.”
The legalisation of gay marriage which will be able to be performed in churches, synagogues and within other religious bodies places of worship has met with strong opposition from Roman Catholic sources and, it is thought, will be opposed by the Church of England.  As far as I can tell there has been no statement yet from the CofE but that’s no surprise.
I really think it is beyond the pall that a government, any government, should try to change the definition of marriage: one man and one woman for life. Anything else, no matter what you call it, is not a marriage.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Sodom & Gomorrah 2011.

    As a long-time supporter (60 years) and member (nearly 50 years) of the Conservative Party I have now given up on them until at least they have a new leader. This particular matter was the last straw.

    ReplyDelete