Tuesday 10 August 2010

Coincidence?

On Monday I had a phone call from a firm of Funeral Directors asking me if I could play the organ for a Requiem Mass at St. Augustine’s R. C. Church, Barkingside on Tuesday. Being free and enjoying playing I readily agreed. When I arrived at the church I discovered that the funeral was for a member of Tomswood Lodge, a wonderful home in the parish of St. Francis where I was the Vicar until retirement. Tomswood Lodge cares for adults with learning difficulties and during my ministry at St. Francis some of them came to Mass on a regular basis, including the dear soul whose funeral I played for today. If I had known he had died I would have gone to his funeral if it had been possible and by a strange coincidence I went anyway. I said coincidence but perhaps it was through the Grace of God. It was a real joy to be able to do this small service for a lovely man who had great devotion. May he Rest in Peace.

1 comment:

  1. There is no such thing as coincidence, only Godincidence.

    ReplyDelete