Sunday 27 January 2013

3rd SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME

This morning I presided at the Solemn Mass at St. Mary’s Ilford. In my sermon, based on the Gospel, I pointed out that the prophecy of Isaiah which Jesus had read in the Synagogue at Nazareth that  "The spirit of the Lord has been given to me, for he has anointed me. He has sent me to bring good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty for captives and to the blind new sight; to set the downtrodden free, to proclaim the Lord's year of favour" had become part of our Christian inheritance. We were reminded of this in the Magnificat. “he has filled the hungry with good things” It was now our vocation to fulfil that. During the service we remembered Holocaust Memorial Day.

Thank goodness all the snow has finally gone and it’s a little warmer although I noticed some of the storm drains on the roads are not coping with the amount of water trying to drain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment