Sunday 15 April 2012

2nd SUNDAY OF EASTER (LOW SUNDAY)

imageL1C_dd183

Today I was celebrant and preacher for the Solemn Mass at St. Mary’s Parish Church, Ilford when the Mass was sung to Schubert (from Deutsche Messe). In my sermon I likened St. Thomas to Victor Meldrew “I don’t believe it”. For whatever reason Thomas wasn’t present when Jesus appeared in the Upper Room so he only had the word of those who were. It was a week later when Jesus appeared in the Upper Room a second time and Thomas was then present. Convinced that Jesus had truly risen from the dead Thomas was able to make a declaration which none of the others had “My Lord and My God”. We are unable to prove that Jesus died and rose again; for us it is a matter of faith – a choice which we freely make. When we come into the presence of the Living Lord, present in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar we too can proclaim “my Lord and my God”. After Mass I drove to St. Augustine’s to meet with the family. Next Sunday I will at St Augustine’s for Mass and the following Sunday back to St. Mary’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment