Sunday 4 March 2012

Just Another Weekend!!!!!!

We’ve had the grandchildren to stay – they arrived yesterday afternoon, so that their parents could attend a concert in the O2 Arena. We took them to “MacDonald's” for a treat and I have to say I thought it was quite a treat too! I can’t remember the last time I had a MacDonald's.At Sunday Dinner we drank the bottle of champagne that the family gave us when I celebrated my 25 years as a priest last year. We said we would enjoy it together when my son returned from Afghanistan. The grandchildren are 5 & 8 – and later this afternoon our other two came. One thing about grandchildren - you can give them back after they've tired you out.

Today I celebrated and preached at St. Paul’s, Goodmayes. At the start of Mass we had Asperges whilst the choir sang the Lent Prose. They sang unaccompanied and it was a real delight to hear it sung so well. After Mass I returned to St Augustine’s for coffee and to learn the mysteries of the heating system so we don’t freeze to death when I take Stations on Tuesday at 7.30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment