Saturday 17 March 2012

BAKING

As a gift for my 25th anniversary as a priest Ann gave me a bread baking course at the Waitrose Cookery School. On arrival at their premises in Hampstead at 9.30 a.m. I was offered freshly baked croissants and pan au chocolate, freshly brewed coffee, tea or various fruit juices. The course continued all day and we learnt how to make wheaten grain bread rolls, hot cross buns, doughnuts, flat bread, focaccia and we made most of them, bringing our baking home with us. The bread rolls were made and cooked ready to eat for our lunch. All in all it was a good experience with some delightful people attending. When I arrived home I was totally exhausted!

It was on the way home that I heard the news that Dr.Rowan Williams had decided to return to the world of academia after serving as Archbishop of Canterbury for ten years. Now the speculation begins on his successor.

No comments:

Post a Comment