Sunday 17 February 2013

LENT 1

Today I preached and played the organ at St. Augustine’s as our Organist is away this Sunday. (for a resume of my sermon click here) Next week I am celebrating at St. Edwards, Romford and then on Mothering Sunday I am going to be at St. Mary’s Ilford.

SPECULATION ABOUT THE NEW POPE

Since Pope Benedict announced his resignation the media have hardly stopped speculating about the name of the new Pope which I suppose is inevitable. In today’s Sunday Times the journalist and catholic writer John Cornwall has written, in my opinion, a totally unbalanced article about the present and the future pope. What we should be doing is praying for the Cardinals gathering now in Rome, that they may be led by the Holy Spirit choose a man who will give a strong Christian lead to Roman Catholics and to all Christians and advance the cause of Christian Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment