Saturday 13 August 2011

NO SAE!

One of the responsibilities which clergy have and are often asked to fulfil is to provide references for people. Despite being retired, it is something that I am asked to do quite frequently and I am always pleased and willing to do so. However, one thing I have noticed just lately, and one that really annoys me, is that those that come from Government Institutions, both local and national, no longer include a stamped addressed envelope. In the past it didn’t really matter as I could use my postage allowance from the parish, although more often than not a sae was sent anyway. Recently, since all the cutbacks, this has not been the case. If it was possible to reply electronically, it wouldn’t cost me a penny but for some reason these institutions don’t use this method despite all the savings that this would make both to me and to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment