Sunday 24 October 2010

ST. BARNABAS, WOODFORD GREEN

This morning I celebrated at the Solemn Mass at St. Barnabas, Woodford Green an ABC and Forward-in-Faith Parish where, after nearly two years, they are still in an Interregnum. Fortunately they have a retired priest Father Donald who has been looking after matters for them but, like all of us, he is getting no younger. I will be returning in November and December. It is always a joy to go to St. Barnabas’ Church where there is skilled choir, well trained and rehearsed and a warm congregation. It seemed to me that numbers have decreased since I was last there several months ago which is hardly surprising with the difficulties they have endured. One can only hope that it will not be too long before matters are resolved for them. Please keep them in your prayers.

After Mass I went to refreshments at St. Augustine’s, Rush Green to see folk there as I haven’t been there on a Sunday for the last two weeks. Next Sunday I will be playing the organ at St. Augustine’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment