Sunday 9 June 2013

10th SUNDAY OF THE YEAR

Today I presided at the Parish Mass at S. Andrew’s Church, North Weald which is still in an interregnum. In my sermon I pointed out that St. Luke’s Gospel emphasised the compassionate nature of Jesus. Like Jesus we should love one another. He had shown his great compassion and love for people when he saw the funeral procession of the only son of a widow in Nain  and had seen how upset she was at her bereavement. Like Elijah who had restored a son to his grieving mother, Jesus restored her son to her. We must love one another even when it is difficult to do so.

After Mass I drove back to Rush Green so I could celebrate our daughter’s birthday in the refreshments after Mass. Her husband had bought a special birthday cake for everyone to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment