Sunday 30 May 2010

Trooping the Colour

There is a saying that when policemen look young you are getting old. Yesterday a group of us from St. Augustine, Rush Green went to the rehearsal of the Trooping of the Colour at Horse Guards Parade. The weather was not kind and rained, soaking many of the people present. The people making up the Guards looked incredibly young and I was also surprised at how small they looked as well. Some of them couldn’t have stood more than about 5’ 4” and the towering busby’s on their heads made them look like toy soldiers. Of course, they weren’t ; many of them have only ecently returned from Afghanistan.

I always enjoy the massed military bands and despite the weather they played magnificently and I really enjoy seeing all the horses. It was a great day despite the weather.

Today, I preached at St. Augustine’s, Rush Green where I played the organ for the Mass. I was glad to learn that the official Organist is recovering from his triple bypass and hopes to return very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment