Sunday 13 April 2014

PALM SUNDAY 2014

clipart-of-palm-sunday_1396521847

Yesterday afternoon I was asked if I could help out at St. Mary’s, Ilford as their Vicar had been taken ill so this morning I was at St Mary’s for their ca600Palm Sunday  Procession, Blessing of Palms and Solemn Mass, We started in the church car park where the Choir sang the Antiphons I blessed the Palms and read the Gospel. We then went out to the road in procession and round the nearby side road and back into the church. Local police were there to ensure our safety. The choir led the singing of “All Glory Laud and Honour” and at our entrance they sang another Antiphon before leading us in “Ride on Ride on in Majesty”

PalmSunday

Led by three soloist, the Passion according to St. Matthew was sung by the choir. In my homily I talked about the tearing of the temple curtain. It had separated the congregation from the Holy of Holy’s but with the death of the sacrificial lamb of God, Jesus, we no longer had the need for animal sacrifices and heaven and earth were now joined so we didn’t separation.I really thought the Choir, led by their organist & choirmaster Ian, were suburb. It was a really wonderful service.

No comments:

Post a Comment